The Secret Garden
The 18th century English garden of the Rectory is a tranquil space complete with its iconic Magnolias that bloom in the spring. You will be inspired by the garden’s peaceful, romantic vintage feel year round.
- Max Capacity: 50 socially distanced | 90 full (depending on seating configurations)
- 3 hour minimum rental
- Pricing below for events not including weddings and concerts
|Garden Pricing||Winter||Spring, Summer & Fall|
|Monday – Wednesday||$180 per hour||$225 per hour|
|Thursday & Friday||$225 per hour||$250 per hour|
|Saturday & Sunday||$250 per hour||$300 per hour|
The rustic-style atrium is a perfect space to shape into your vision. Raise all the blinds to let in natural light or close them for a more intimate feel. The exposed brick gives the room a rustic vibe perfect for a fall or winter event.
- Max Capacity: 24 socially distanced | 45 full (depending on seating configurations)
- $200 per hour – 3 hour minimum rental
- Capacity: 24 socially distanced| 40 full
- $230 per hour – 5 hour minimum rental
- Capacity: 2 socially distanced | 6 full
- Must be rented in combination with another space.
- $50 per hour – 2 hour minimum rental
- Capacity: 4 socially distanced| 14 full
- $85 per hour
- 2 hour minimum rental weekdays, 3 hour minimum rental weekends
- 1 changing room, 1 makeup station & full bathroom
- Starting at $200 per event
- Must be rented in combination with another space
- Must be booked within the event rental window
- No overnight stays
- 50 white outdoor chairs – $200
- Sun Sails (2) – $400
- Pergola Tarp (for sun or light rain)- $100
- Package price for combined use of spaces can be negotiated.
- Packages can be customized.
- All package times must include set up & clear out.
- No events will start before 9 AM and all will end at 9 PM, set up & pack-up included.
- No DJ, amplified music or dancing of any kind will be allowed.
- All Garden packages include the use of the pergola.
- Tents are not permitted in the Garden.
- Catering permitted for select packages, limited preparation available on site, no facilities for cooking so, cooking is not allowed.
- Choose your own vendors or select from our recommended vendors list.
- Renter or caterer to provide proof of liquor license.
- Banquet tables to be rented separately for any receptions.
- Dressing rooms to be used during the rental period. Additional hours can be added on.
- In addition, a $500 refundable security deposit must be paid for all events.
- The Rectory is a Non-Smoking venue.
- Other than the bridal party, parents and photographer and officiant, other guests are only allowed into the building for use of the washrooms.
- Access to the garden only through the driveway and not through the house.
- The taking of photos in the garden and at the historic front door are free of charge. The Rectory on Princess Street should be acknowledged when photos are used on social media.
- Deliveries/Pick-Ups before or after rental can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Guests should follow the City of Alexandria’s decibel rules. Venue reserves the right to monitor the events sound and ask to reduce volume if necessary.
- All Garden packages include the use of the pergola area, however the pergola is not designed to carry weight, any potential decorations need to be discussed beforehand.
- No lights or any other decorations will be allowed to be fixed to the building and trees or shrubs of the garden or the fence.
- Other terms and conditions will apply.